Does Dating Polish Girls Mean a Blind Date?
In response to our male audience's inquiries, here is a list of helpful hints and suggestions how to get a date with a Polish girl or a Polish woman. Most of these ideas were drawn upon our own experience, some were added by our readers. The list is updated as we get new submissions, so please feel free to send us your ideas.
NOTE: Not all suggestions have been tested, and we shall be not held responsible for any arisen misunderstandings!
0. Never date more than one girl. Such misbehavior will be exposed sooner or later and no self-respecting woman will let you get away with it.
1. Polish girls like self-confident but not overconfident men. So, men entrust their masculinity to cars, clothes, and accessories are no longer a catch.
2. Think beyond material needs. A girl appreciates lunch or dinner, but she equally enjoys bike rides or reading a book together.
Don't be ashamed of your girlfriend before your friends. She will sense it immediately and will not forget it easily.
4. Compromise. You won't get far if you stick with your rules especially if your partner does the same. Open conversation may be very helpful in solving problems.
5. Generally, Polish women despise bragging, the "American way" of evaluating oneself. Being modest pays off when others loose points due to their wild imagination and an excessive self-esteem.
6. Don't make her ask you for a small pleasure, like flowers or lunch, twice. Who responds quickly, gets twice the credit. A Sunday dinner with her family comes with a bonus tag.
7. Help with the meals and dishes. If you share a house, find some time to prepare and eat together a homemade meal. Weekends sound like a good time to relax together.
8. Allow her and yourself for a little bit of craziness. There is nothing worst than turning your days into a routine. Take advantage of good weather and take a walk, go rollerblading, or visit local forest preserve. These are the good times, memories of which may save your relationship.
9. For a getaway don't forget to bring your camera or video camera; the guy is responsible for the hi-tech stuff. If you forget, your promising vacation may quickly become a nightmare of the words: "Didn't I tell you..."
10. Keep in mind, it's the 21st century, your Polish Girlfriend knows how to drive, so let her do so from time to time. Even if she scratches your car a little, be willing to forgive.
11. Dating is not only a way to fill you spare time, but it also is a way to work out your personal problems. Don't be shy to talk to your girlfriend about your problems and shortcomings. It will surely contribute to developing your relationship, especially if you are serious about it.
12. Don't concentrate only on sex; there is time for everything. If your girlfriend is not ready for physical relationship, give her more time. You won't regret it.
13. Never forget her birthday, nameday, not to mention the Valentine's Day. Even if she says that it's not important, she surely will rub your nose in your carelessness whenever she gets a chance.
14. Don't brag about your abilities because you may loose her trust if you don't live up to bragging. Restoring her trust in you may take a long time.
15. Sitting in front of the computer or television screen around the clock will ruin your relationship. It means your lack of attention to your girlfriend, her boredom and loneliness.
16. Don't pretend you know the trends in fashion and expect her to live up to your style expectations. She has the right to be comfortable in what she wears.
17. When you choose a girl to date, devote your entire attention to her. Polish women don't like to share their men (righteously so); you should always keep this in mind. Dating multiple partners is a short-lived trend that will end very quickly. True feeling cannot be spread over many women.
18. Making fun of your girlfriend's family members, even the one's she is in conflict with, is highly discouraged. Your mean comments will remain in her heart and work against you.
19. If you buy a pet for her birthday, share with her taking care of it; it will double your gift.
20. "When was the last time you changed your socks?" This question is not to scare you, but to remind you that you should take care of your looks and hygiene. Your girlfriend, fiancée, or wife does not like to be your mother. Change at least twice as often as you think it's necessary.
21. If she has linguistic problems with the foreign language in the new country, don't make fun of it. Be rather a patient teacher and help her out. You wouldn't like her to make fun of your shortcomings, right?
22. Do you still remember what flowers are? If not, better refresh your memory and fast. Your woman will appreciate if you get her a flower from time to time.
23. Not every date must end with a French kiss. If you just started dating your girlfriend, give her as much time as she needs for those physical aspects.
24. When you watch TV or listen to music, keep your partner in mind. She doesn't necessarily share your taste even if she loves you very much.
25. Have good manners when you are with your girlfriend's friends. After all, you don't know who they are and how much their opinion about you may count.
26. Refrain from discussions about politics and religion with your girlfriend's family members. Those areas usually cause conflicts. Current events in sports, weather, movies, or even sex may be better for a social meeting.
27. Not everything is about having fun. Polish women - although they like to party - also are rational and intelligent. They hardly want to spend every weekend in a disco or boring movies. Develop and cultivate a hobby, like cooking, sports, etc. Your girlfriend will not only notice it, but it will help her appreciate you more and see in you a good material for a long-term partner.
28. When you fight with your girlfriend, be a gentleman and apologize first. Usually, both parties are to blame, so someone has to admit it first. It may as well be you. Over time, you will end up having more faults on your account, so start saving the point early.
29. If you want to be in a serious and permanent relationship, don't even think about separate vacation to relax from your partner. Many relationships ended this way. If you take some time off together, you have a better chance to get to know your girlfriend better and work out many problems in your relationship. It is a good practice for many more problems to come.
30. Dating is fun, but truly it is better to expect very little from your partner than to expect too much. The lower the expectations, the lesser the disappointments. Nobody is perfect, so working out the shortcomings and problems is what having a relationship is all about. The better you understand it, the better off your relationship will be.